Mercedes-Benz Amg GT Black Series
Mercedes-Benz Amg GT Black Series
- Colour:Obsidian Black
- Interior:Black Leather with DINAMICA
- Year:2022 (22)
- Mileage:1,004 Miles
- Engine:4.0L Twin-Turbo V8
- Transmission:7-Speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT
- Body Style:Coupe
- 4-Point Seat Belts
- AMG Carbon Fibre Bucket Seats
- AMG Carbon Fibre Exterior Package
- AMG Carbon-Fibre Door Sill Panels
- AMG Electronic Rear-Axle Limited Slip-Differential
- AMG High-Performance Ceramic Composite Braking System
- AMG Interior Night Package
- AMG RIDE CONTROL Suspension
- AMG Speedshift DCT 7-Speed Sports Transmission
- AMG Track Pace
- AMG Track Package
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Burmester Surround Sound System
- Carbon Fibre Fixed Double Rear Wing
- Carbon Fibre Roof
- DINAMICA Microfibre Roof Liner
- Front Camera
- Matt Carbon Fibre Interior Package
- Parking Package
- Reversing Camera
The Black Series. The flagship of flagships. The most aggressive and pure form of AMG to roll out of Affalterbach. The Black series recipe is one that has produced track kings for a while, with the AMG GT iteration being no exception. The AMG GT Black Series most certainly looks the part, with vents, louvres and aggressive body lines governing every inch. These are by no means there for solely aesthetics purposes – the manually adjustable aero produces a hugely impressive 800kg of downforce at 202mph. The front splitter is able to be extended manually by 8cm which accelerates the air beneath the car which in turn increases downforce. The upper and lower part of the gigantic rear wing can be manually adjusted to 3 different angles, with the upper level featuring a flap that adjusts automatically depending on drive mode.
A 4.0L V8 is mounted up-front, much like the GTR Pro, this time with some fundamental changes which sees a substantial increase in power from 577bhp to 720bhp. At the heart of the twin-turbo V8 lies a flat-plane crank as opposed to a cross-plane which makes the engine more efficient, facilitating quicker response from throttle input. Two new twin-scroll turbo chargers have been employed which contributes to the increased power output by their twin-scroll setup and anti-friction-bearing-mounted turbines. These turbos produce an 18% higher max flow rate than the AMG GT R, a figure that tells you no shortcuts were taken on maximising performance.
The list of upgraded features that Mercedes have engineered into the Black Series is endless, but a stand-out feature is the transmission mount. Crafted out of coiled carbon fibre, this component is responsible for withstanding the extra load exerted by the gearbox as it deals with the 800Nm of torque. This coiled carbon fibre mount is a world first for this particular use, weighing in at 55% less than the aluminium counterpart whilst providing the same strength and rigidity. The use of such an expensive component is justified for “high-performance vehicles in very small quantities” explains AMG development engineer Johannes Hettinger – perfect for the limited-run Black Series.
This is a car that has had absolutely no corners cut in its production. It is a car that dances on the very limit of what defines a track-focused street car. Any extra aerodynamic adjustments or advancements would simply deem it either illegal for road use or completely undriveable, that is the kind of uncompromising engineering that the Mercedes team have implemented into the AMG GT Black Series. It harmoniously unifies every technical detail of track pedigree into a package that is able to comfortably be driven on the road - but feels completely at home devouring any track that dares to accommodate it.
- Height1,280 mm
- Length4,604 mm
- Width2,075 mm
- CO2292 g/km
- (0 - 62 MPH)3.2 secs
- BHP720 bhp
- Maximum Speed202 mph
WHAT THE JOURNALISTS SAY
- "The most harmonious and track focused Black Series ever. Genuine 911 GT2 RS troubler."
- "What's particularly rewarding, and I don't remember it from the GT R, is how communicative the Black Series is."
- "This is the fastest, most powerful, and sharpest AMG product to date, as evidenced by its impressive Nurburgring lap time."