The History of Romans
Whilst Romans International was officially founded in 1994 the story of Romans is really the story of Paul Jaconelli who has had a lifetime in the industry and still today runs the business, alongside his son Tom and the excellent team of long-serving staff.
- 1984SUCCESS AT FIATHaving enjoyed success trading cars in his early years Paul is persuaded to take over HF Edwards a franchised Fiat & Peugeot dealership. He goes onto to win Europe’s Fiat dealer of the year 3 years in a row.
- 1994ROMANS INTERNATIONAL IS BORNWhen HF Edwards is bought out by HR Owen (then known as Malaya Group) Paul decides to leave the company to focus on his passion for supercars developing his very own business and acquiring the name "Romans International".
- 1997First Romans Showroom Opens in EpsomAfter initially trading cars from home, Paul acquires a site in Chase Road, Epsom which holds about 15 cars for sale.
- 2003Romans moves to BansteadHaving outgrown the Epsom site, Paul manages to acquire a more prominent site, previously a Mazda dealership, which is situated in Banstead on the A217.
- 2011Romans ExpandsAfter years of successful trading Romans continue to grow by knocking down the "Olive Tree" pub next door allowing us to have a bigger forecourt area and a new on-site workshop. Paul's son Tom joins the business at that time.
- 20171000 Fastest Growing Companies in EuropeA fantastic milestone for Romans continuing growth and evolution is by the inclusion of Romans in the Financial Times 1000 fastest growing companies in Europe.
- 2019Romans Wins BigRomans are very honoured to be crowned as the “Independent Premium Dealer of the Year” at the coveted Motor Trader awards.
- 2020The Ford TakeoverDuring the pandemic the adjacent Ford dealership next door puts their site up for sale and Roman’s manages to secure it for a major expansion and after a 6 month refurbishment the new showroom opens.
- 2022Old Showroom RefurbWith our new showroom ready it was time to finally update and refurbish our old showroom to complete the look of the whole new site.